TRS92 antenna switch parts question

HA3KGX

Hi!

I have such an antenna switch, I got it as a gift, but unfortunately it has two chokes in which the ferrite is cracked.
In the parts list, there is only L04, L05 and an article number, does anyone know what parameters this has?
I want to fix it, but I don't know the type of ferrite, nor what inductance the choke should have.

Thanks!!!!20221019_152819.jpg20221019_152828.jpg20221019_152834.jpg20221019_154757.jpg

A capacitor is missing in the picture, I took it out because it was unfortunately cracked, the other one in the picture also needs to be replaced

I have seen your previous post https://ham.se/threads/trs92-antenna-switch.27151/

The choke with a yellow coated core has a big parallel gap. It could have been purposely cut open.
Have you found any ferrite chips in the box?
If a core is broken there must be more than one gap somewhere. Have you found the other cracks?
The yellow colour tells me it is a type 6 iron powder core.
Have you measured the inductance? It could help to determine if it is iron powder or ferrite.

I have seen your previous post https://ham.se/threads/trs92-antenna-switch.27151/

The choke with a yellow coated core has a big parallel gap. It could have been purposely cut open.
Have you found any ferrite chips in the box?
If a core is broken there must be more than one gap somewhere. Have you found the other cracks?
The yellow colour tells me it is a type 6 iron powder core.
Have you measured the inductance? It could help to determine if it is iron powder or ferrite.
Hi! I'll measure it tomorrow, I've shown it to several professionals and they don't understand why the ferrites are like that either. I couldn't find a ferrite dust in the box, it's strange that both of them burst where there is no wire, some information about it would be useful

I looked on the detail picture and it really looks that they used a saw to open an air gap.
Such toroid's exist and is sometimes used in power applications.

So it may be some smart SRT engineer that found that an airgap would be good in this application.

Back